Coconut cream is a great alternative to ordinary whipping creams as it has got good fats and more nutritional content. The cream can be used in sweets and as a thickening agent in curries, soups and smoothies.
The cream has got a creamier and thicker texture. The recipe takes a little more time than other creams as you have to keep the coconut milk overnight in a refrigerator for forming the cream. But the cream will be really worth your time and a healthy one. So, let’s get started.
Coconut cream can be made by refrigerating coconut milk overnight to form a layer of cream. Then, transfer the cream to a chilled bowl and add vanilla and sugar and vanilla extract to it. Beat the mixture for 2 minutes and store in an air-tight container.
Now, it’s time to follow the steps of the recipe and make the cream at your home. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Black Bean Sauce– Black bean sauce is a Chinese sauce that has a funky and spicy taste. In this post, let’s see how you can make this sauce at your home.
2. Cranberry Sauce– Cranberry sauce gives a lightness to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and it adds a delectable flavor. It compliments best with various types of meat like chicken, turkey, pork and ham.
3. Wasabi Aioli– The dip is a combination of aioli and wasabi. Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce and mainly made up of garlic and oil whereas, wasabi is served with sushi.
4. Texas Trash Dip– Texas trash dip is made from beans and pairs perfectly with Mexican food. So, let’s see the recipe for the dip.
What’s In The Post
Coconut Cream Recipe
- 14 ounces Refrigerated Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
Before starting the recipe, refrigerate the milk overnight. Then, place your mixing bowl in the refrigerator for around 10 minutes.
Take the coconut milk and using a spoon, remove the thick layer of the cream that is formed on the coconut milk.
Transfer this chilled coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl.
Beat the cream for around 5 minutes until it becomes soft.
Add vanilla and sugar and vanilla extract to it and again beat the cream for around 2 minutes.
Put this coconut cream in a sealed container and refrigerate it until it is ready for use.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Now, I highly recommend you make this healthy coconut cream at your home and use it with other recipes to add a coconut twist. Do share your reviews in the comments section below.