Chicken savoy is a super easy dish comprising chicken and a few seasoning agents. The invigorating aroma is sure to get you hooked up at any time of the day. Check out the recipe to know how you can make this at home.
Chicken savoy comes to you with the splendid taste of chicken laced with garlic, pepper, and vinegar. The recipe demands only a few ingredients and only half an hour to get that perfect chicken rich in texture and flavor.
This recipe can be prepared using both the oven and stovetop. However, the oven is mostly preferred. For enhancing the taste, cheese can be grated and used. If the food processor is unavailable, you can always go for a mixer or a blender.
Fewer ingredients, less time, and yummy taste. What stops you from trying it right now? Check out the recipe below to transform your chicken savoy into your best-ever preparation!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chicken Savoy?
- Oven – You need an oven to cook chicken.
- Skillet – You require a skillet to saute the ingredients to blend with the chicken as well as to cook chicken in the oven.
- Food processor – You need a food processor to prepare the herb paste.
- Bowl – You need a bowl to keep the herb paste.
- Tongs – A tong is needed to turn over chicken pieces while browning.
- Platter – You would need a platter to keep the browned chicken aside.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chicken Savoy?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chicken Savoy?
- Chicken – You can cut a pound of chicken into eight pieces or specifically use 4 or 8 boneless chicken thighs.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil absorbs the flavor of your ingredients in the recipe.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the healthiest flavoring agents that we use in this recipe.
- Vinegar – Vinegar is the magical game changer and the most vital ingredient in the recipe.
- Oregano – Oregano helps in rendering flavor to your recipe.
- Thyme – Thyme, as a herb, is used in the recipe for its medicinal properties and flavor.
- Salt – Adjust the quantity of salt as per the needs of your family.
- Pepper – Pepper upgrades the quality of your seasoning.
- Cheese – Cheese helps in giving a fine texture to your recipe.
Steps To Make Chicken Savoy
1. Brown The Chicken
In a skillet, pour olive oil and add chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken. Using a tong, turn them over and brown both sides for four to five minutes. Keep them aside on a platter.
2. Preparing The Herb Paste
In a food processor, add shredded garlic, cheese, olive oil, oregano, and thyme. Grind the mixture to a thin fine paste. Keep it aside in a bowl.
3. Seasoning Time!
Preheat the oven to 450degrees F. Place the browned chicken pieces in a skillet. Smear the chicken with the prepared herb paste. Cook for about thirty minutes.
4. The Ultimate Gamechanger
Remove the skillet from the oven. Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter. Pour vinegar over the chicken and your chicken savoy is ready to be served.
How Will Chicken Savoy Look and Taste Like?
Chicken savoy is an alluring food item that has succulent chicken blended with the best seasoning stuff. Your chicken may be blackened a bit after cooking, but it sure won’t alter the taste of your recipe. The combination of the ingredients and the taste and tang turn it into an outstanding dinner meal!
Chicken Savoy Recipe
- 4 boneless Chicken Thighs
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Pepper
- 1 cup Cheese (grated)
In a frying pan, pour olive oil and add chicken sprinkled with salt and pepper. Brown the pieces using a tong for four to five minutes. Keep them aside on a platter.
Grind shredded garlic, cheese, olive oil, oregano and thyme in a food processor into a fine paste. Keep it in a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Smear the chicken with the prepared herb paste, placing them in the skillet. Keep the skillet in the oven.
Cook for about thirty minutes until the chicken is cooked well.
Transfer the skillet from the oven and set the chicken on a platter. Pour vinegar over the pieces and serve hot.
Well, that was all about the very easy, super scrumptious chicken savoy. Impress your loved ones with this awesome surprise and I am sure they will thank you from the nook and crannies of their souls. Let me know how it turned out and be sure to check out my other recipes. See you, foodies!