Carnitas tamale pie is a delicious filled casserole. It has pig carnitas, additional salsa, and cheese on top of spicy salsa or sauce on the bottom layer. In a rush, I decided to cook a carnitas tamale pie. With a pork flavour, the carnitas is tender and tasty. This Mexican recipe has a lot of fans and is easy to make. Carnitas tamale pie recipe is very classic. Scroll down to know more about the recipe.
This delicious meal has completely enchanted us. Only a few pantry-friendly ingredients are required. Salt, black pepper, onion or onion powder, oregano, cumin, garlic or garlic powder, and chilli powder, as well as lime juice, are all ingredients in carnitas.
Before you begin cooking the tamale pie, there are a few things you should know. In the post below, I’ve compiled the most significant information about equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and processes. Let’s see how to prepare a carnitas tamale pie.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Carnitas Tamale Pie?
- Casserole – Casseroles are baked foods that can be served at the same time. Bake the chicken carbonara in a casserole dish. Electronic Mixer -Mixer helps in stirring, whisking, or beating.
- Bowl – Bowl is used for mixing up all the components – flour, baking powder, salt.
- Oven – Bake in the oven for 30minutes at 350°F.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Carnitas Tamale Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||50 Minutes||60 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Carnitas Tamale Pie?
- Flour – Flour is used for coating the chicken before it is fried or seared.
- Chiles – Chiles are used to add spice to the dish.
- Garlic – Garlic adds little spice and adds an assertive garlicky taste.
- Onion – Use tiny onions that have been chopped finely.
- Lime Juice – Lime reduces the smell and moisture of the dish.
- Cream – I used heavy cream to produce a light cream texture. Because the milk was so watery, I couldn’t do it.
Steps To Make Carnitas Tamale Pie
1. Combine All The Components
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. With an electric mixer on medium speed, blend in the vegetable butter until entirely mixed. Reduce the mixer’s speed and add the chicken stock in a slow, steady stream until a dough forms. Divide the dough in half and spread it out on a baking sheet with your fingertips.
2. Mix All The Components
Preheat the oven to 350 degree. In a large mixing bowl, combine the carnitas, canned veggies, onion, tomato, serrano chile, garlic, and Mexican sauce. Season with salt to taste. On top, pour the carnitas sauce.
3. Bake And Serve
Spread the remaining dough evenly on top of the carnitas, using your hands to completely cover the filling. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the dough’s edges start to brown.
How Will Carnitas Tamale Pie Look And Taste Like?
Carnitas tamale pie is full of flavours. If you think lemon is only used in sweet recipes, you’ll be surprised to learn that it can also be used in savoury dishes. The carnitas is soft and has a pork flavour that isn’t too spicy. It has a lighter and more fruity flavour. Tamale pie is a delicious meal with a texture that satisfies hunger
Carnitas Tamale Pie Recipe
- ⅔ cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 2 Onion
- ¼ tbsp Oil
- 700 g Pork Shoulder
In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and prepare the dough.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the carnitas, veggies, onion, tomato, garlic and sauce.
Spread the dough on top of carnitas.
Bake for 30 minutes till the doughs edges start to brown.
This was all about the carnitas tamale pie recipe. Make this delicious recipe at home and tell me in the comments section below how much you liked this recipe