Burger King onion rings are the best snack option. It is made from whole onions dipped with a blend of spices. The blend of spices permits natural flavors to come out perfectly. They have been in trend since the day they were introduced. Making these copycat Burger King onion rings at home is quite easier than you think. Let’s know-how!
Typically Burger King onion rings are made with white or yellow onions. You can dilute the diced onion rings in cold water before you coat and fry them. It helps in turning the flavors into sweet and mild. For making a copycat recipe of onion rings, prepare the onion flavor paste, form it in the shape of rings, dip in the flour batter, and coat them with breadcrumbs. Finally, fry the coated onion rings in preheated oil.
Fry the batches of onion rings over a simmer flame. This will make it more crispy and crunchy. Serve your onion rings with a zesty sauce. If you wish to know the homemade Burger King zesty sauce recipe, just click! Rest for making onion rings. You will find the entire recipe mentioned below!
1. Burger King Impossible Whopper – The burger king impossible whopper is named because no one thought that there could be a whopper with a beef patty. But there is now! The beef patty is replaced with a flame-grilled vegetable patty. It is then topped with mayonnaise, ketchup, grilled patty, pickles, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce and served between toasted sesame buns.
2. Burger King Zesty Sauce – The Burger King zesty sauce is the perfect partner to your fries and onion rings. But this zesty sauce is also spicy, flavorful, and easy to make. The tang comes from lemon, vinegar, tomato sauce, and mustard. The spicy hit comes from horseradish and cayenne pepper. The creaminess comes from mayonnaise.
3. Burger King Hershey Pie – The burger king Hershey pie is a delicious and decadent dessert. It has a chocolatey crunch, creamy filling, and is garnished with delicious toppings. The chocolate crust is topped with a cream cheese filling and a chocolate layer. Lastly, it is topped with delicious chocolate chips.
4. Burger King Iced Coffee – The burger king vanilla iced coffee is a delicious drink that’ll give you your daily coffee dose. It is really simple to make. All you need is some coffee powder, sugar, cold milk, ice cubes, and of course some vanilla syrup. The drink tastes and smells absolutely amazing.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Onion Rings?
- Frying Pan – Fry the onion rings by using a frying pan.
- Tong – Dip the onion rings and flip them over to coat with the help of a tong. It makes your cooking less messy.
- Bowls – Take separate bowls, one for mixing the batter and another for the breadcrumbs.
- Knife – Slice the onions in a round shape by using a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Onion Rings?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King’s Onion Rings?
- White Onion – Take white onions and slice the rings thick. Make it a quarter-inch thick.
- Sunflower Oil – You can use sunflower oil or any other to your preference for frying the onion rings.
- Milk – Add half a cup of milk to make a thick batter mix.
- Cornstarch – For firmly coating the onion rings, use a teaspoon of cornstarch to the batter mix.
- Onion Powder – Add a teaspoon of onion powder for the tangy flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour – Make the coating batter by using all-purpose flour.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the batter mix. It will add some spice and heat to the onion rings.
- Black Pepper – Just a pinch of black pepper adds a peppery taste.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – To achieve the crispy and crunchy outer texture of onion rings, coat them with breadcrumbs at last. Here we have used panko breadcrumbs. However, you can use the regular one.
Steps To Make Burger King Onion Rings
You can prepare Burger King onion rings two ways one, by making an onion paste and forming it in the shape of a ring. The other way includes dipping the rings into milk and flour batter, which follows coating them with breadcrumbs. We have used the copycat way as Burger King follows. In a blender, add white onion, plain breadcrumbs, milk, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Blend it evenly to form a soft mixture consistent with dough. In a separate bowl, add flour, milk, and cayenne pepper. Mix it well to form a thick consistency.
2. Roll N’ Coat
Roll the mixture to form the rings. Once you have given your onion mixture the shape of rings. Drop in the onion rings to the wet batter. Coat it with some dry flour mixed with cornstarch and put it back in the wet batter. Dip and flip it with a tong. Further, remove them and put them in the breadcrumbs. Shake evenly to coat it properly. Coating it twice will help in achieving a crispy texture. Keep the coated rings in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
Put the coated onion rings in preheated oil in a frying pan. Fry until you see the golden-brown texture. Take them out and serve them hot with a zesty sauce.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Burger King Onion Rings Look And Taste Like?
Burger King onion rings look golden brown and each bite has a crispy and crunchy touch. You can feel the heat and spice in the outer crust. Milk, flour and breadcrumbs coating resulted in delicious copycat onion rings.
Burger King Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 White Onion
- ½ cup Sunflower Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
Prepare the onion paste to make the rings. In a blender, add white onion, plain breadcrumbs, milk, salt, cayenne pepper, and bvlack pepper. Blend it evenly to form a wet mixture.
Grease oil on your hands and start rolling out to shape the onion rings.
Coat the onion rings with dry flour mixed with cornstarch, milk, and at last breadcrumbs.
Put the coated onion rings to the preheated pan. Fry them until golden-brown. Take them out on a wire rack. Let the excess oil release. Serve with hot sauces!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How much is the Burger King onion ring?
Burger King onion rings offer three sizes. Small, medium, and large. It costs you $2.19, $2.49, $ 2.79 for each small, medium, and large size.
2. Are Burger King onion rings made from minced onions?
Burger King onion rings are made with white or yellow minced onions. The paste is made with minced onions. Further, it is formed in the ring-shaped onions to fry.
3. Do Burger King onion rings contain milk?
Burger King uses milk mixed with the wet batter. It helps to form the firm coating
4. When did Burger King introduce onion rings?
Burger King introduced their onion rings back in 2008. Since then, onion rings have been on the Burger King menu.
Preapre these crispy onion rings at home with this recipe. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below!