Wanna make an extraordinary Turkey gravy for Thanksgiving this year? Then, don’t waste away your pan drippings. Add a few ingredients and brighten it up into a perfect brown gravy with drippings. This gravy has pan drippings with milk and delicious Thanksgiving flavors. So. give your Thanksgiving turkey some extra lift with brown gravy with drippings.
Brown gravy with drippings also has delicious meat bites scraped up from the pan. This gravy is loaded with the flavors of meat, seasoned with salt and pepper. The milk and all-purpose flour give a nice thick texture and strengthen the flavors of the gravy. It’s Thanksgiving! So, you can add some extra spices if you want. Add some water if the gravy seems too thick. You can enjoy it with turkey, chicken, or pork meat.
Brown gravy with drippings recipe is really easy and does not require many ingredients. Read the lists of equipment and ingredients below to have an idea about what you need for the recipe. So, bring the best of the Thanksgiving turkey delight with brown gravy with drippings.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Brown Gravy With Drippings?
- Bowl- Collect the drippings in a bowl before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- Warm the drippings in a saucepan to make the gravy.
- Spatula-Use a spatula to continuously stir the gravy in the pan.
- Fork- Use a fork to scrap the meat bites from the bottom of the saucepan.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Brown Gravy With Drippings?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Brown Gravy With Drippings?
- Pan drippings- Add two tablespoons of pan drippings to the gravy to infuse all the flavors of meat and the spices into the gravy.
- All-purpose flour- Add two tablespoons of all-purpose flour to add a nice thick consistency to the gravy.
- Milk- Add a cup of milk to strengthen the flavors and to give thickness to the milk.
- Water- To make sure the gravy is not too thick, add a cup of water. Water will maintain the consistency of the gravy.
- Salt- Add salt according to your taste to enhance the flavors of the gravy.
- Pepper- Pepper adds the basic seasoning flavor and some heat to the gravy.
Steps To Make Brown Gravy With Drippings
1. Collect Pan Drippings!
Collect drippings from the pan into a bowl after removing the meat from the pan. Take two tablespoons of drippings in a pan and add all-purpose flour to it. Cook it over medium heat until it turns brown in color.
2. Heat The Gravy Until It’s Thick
Gradually, add milk to the pan and continue whisking it. Scrap up the meaty bits from the bottom of the pan using a fork. Cook the gravy over medium-high for about 10 minutes until the gravy is thick. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste and serve.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||99 IU|
How Will Brown Gravy With Drippings Look and Taste?
Pour this delish brown gravy with drippings on the Thanksgiving turkey (or any other meat) and enjoy the best turkey bites. This gravy has the flavors of meat from the pan drippings and has the taste of salt-pepper seasoning spices. This thick gravy has milk and flour in it to have more intense flavors. This gravy can be enjoyed with chicken and pork as well. Try this simple Thanksgiving gravy to enjoy the most decadent feast with your family.
Brown Gravy With Drippings Recipe
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Pan Drippings
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Transfer drippings from the pan into a bowl after removing the meat. Add two tablespoons of drippings to a pan and stir in all-purpose flour. Cook it over medium heat until it turns brown in color.
Gradually, add milk to this pan and continue whisking it. Scrap up the meat bits from the bottom of the pan using and cook the gravy for about 10 minutes. Let the gravy turn thick over medium heat. Season it salt and pepper according to your taste and serve.
Did you try this gravy? Tell me about it in the comments below. Check out our other holiday recipe. Try them and enjoy your Thanksgiving feast.