The Daikon radish is an Asian radish that looks like a parsnip but has no pungent smell like that. They are quite healthy and good for those who like to have a diet with almost no calories and fats. This is a great recipe if you want to maintain your strict diet and will not affect your plan at all.
Talking about daikons, they are known for their healthy nature. They are rich in various nutrients that include calcium, magnesium, potassium and copper. The other nutrients that it contains in higher amounts are Vitamin C and folate. Making this ingredient a part of your regular diet is a good idea and will help you maintain a healthy diet.
To make boiled Daikon radish, cut the radish into bite-sized pieces. Put the radish in a pot filled with water with Oyster sauce, salt, sugar and pepper and bring to boil. Boil with the lid on for about 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Take out and drain the water. Put the boiled Daikon radish in a bowl and sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame oil. Toss it and serve!
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe down below, along with the other important information. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Conch Salad– If seafood is your first love, then here is an exotic dish from the coasts of the Bahamas for you. Conch Salad is a staple of Bahamas island. A fresh bowl of Conch Salad is a perfect way to embrace Bahamian culture.
2. Portuguese Octopus Salad– This amazing salad can be a part of your breakfast or an evening snack! According to the nutritional point of view, an octopus is a perfect choice because it is rich in iron, omega 3, selenium, copper and vitamin B12.
3. Roasted Broccolini– Green vegetables are always a good choice for a healthy meal. Broccolini is a great choice if you want to eat veggies. Broccolini is the hybrid cultivation of Chinese cabbage and broccoli. It is also really easy to make roasted broccolini.
4. White Bean Salad– White bean salad is a quick-to-make recipe that satisfies your hunger and is also really healthy. It has white beans, cucumber, celery, herbs, and spices. It gets ready in no time.
What’s In The Post
Boiled Daikon Radish Recipe
- 1 pound Daikon Radish
- 1 Sliced Ginger
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 Chopped Scallions
- ¼ tsp Sesame Oil
Slice the daikon’s radish into thick, bite-sized pieces. Put all the ingredients in the pot filled with water and bring it to a boil.
Cover the pot and let it boil on medium heat. Let it cook for about 20 minutes and check whether the daikon radish is tender or not. Keep stirring occasionally.
Once they are tender, remove them from heat and drain the water. Garnish with some chopped scallion and a little sesame oil. Toss it well and serve!
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your views in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetit!