Want some good spreads for sandwiches, burgers, or barbecue meats? Try making bistro sauce at your home. Today, let’s see how you can make the sauce at your home.
The composition of Bistro sauce is mustard, horseradish, and garlic, which makes it a smooth texture. I have been making the spread since I was in high school. I got to know about the recipe from a famous food outlet in NY. The recipe is very versatile.
To prepare the bistro sauce, you need to mix ketchup, catsup, fresh lemon juice, mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, garlic, prepared horseradish, parsley, sweet Hungarian paprika, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Refrigerate and the sauce is ready to serve.
You can also use any of the horseradish substitutes in the recipe. See how easy it is to make the sauce. But a more detailed recipe is waiting below so that you don’t miss any steps. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making the sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cheese Sauce– The sauce was originated in Jackson, Mississippi. It got its name from a tradition in Mississippi to say “You all comeback” instead of “goodbye” or “see you later.” It has got a taste similar to thousand island sauce.
2. Zip Sauce– The sauce is also known as steak sauce as most people prefer to have it with steak. It was originated in Detroit at Lelli’s restaurant in 1939. This sauce is like a rich buttery glaze.
3. Red Pepper Coulis– Red pepper coulis is mainly a combination of bell peppers and vinegar. It is a kind of thin sauce made of vegetables or fruit puree.
4. Chile Con Queso– Chile con queso is a dipping sauce made with melted cheese and chili. Chile in Spanish means cheese. It is a hot sauce and is not served cold. It is best accompanied by tortilla chips.
Bistro Sauce Recipe
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Catsup
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
Take a bowl and combine ketchup, catsup, fresh lemon juice, mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, garlic, prepared horseradish, parsley, sweet Hungarian paprika, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
Mix all the ingredients and transfer this sauce into a jar.
Let the sauce settle for a few hours. This settling process will bring depth to the taste of this sauce.
Try out this authentic Bistro Sauce recipe and share it with your friends and family. Do let us know your reviews in the comments section below. Feel free to suggest anything that can be added to the recipe to make it better.