Barbequed chicken is an easy-to-make chicken recipe. It needs simple ingredients and the charred grill flavor just hits right. In this post, I am going to tell you how you can make it easily at home.
Barbecued chicken is the perfect dish for barbeque Sunday afternoons. I love making this dish at family gatherings and have always been complimented. You can try to make the recipe and decide for yourself how well you like it.
To make barbecued chicken at home, you will need one whole chicken, rice vinegar, barbeque sauce, garlic, salt, ground black pepper, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper. To cook the chicken, you will need to marinate the chicken properly and then bake it on a grill from all sides.
You can also use paprika substitutes in the recipe if you want. The more detailed steps for making the barbecued chicken is given below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chipped Ham Barbecues– This easy ham barbecue recipe is a classic Pittsburgh dish made by home cooks for picnics, everyday dinners, and group functions. A tangy delicious treat that can be kept warm in a slow cooker for hours making this an easy option for parties or busy moms.
2. Roasted Pork Butt– This recipe will have you drooling and wanting more because of its juiciness and the tenderness. It might sound like I am boasting about this Roasted Pork Butt. But believe me, when you’ll have it, you’ll feel the same.
3. Grilled Lamb Steak– If you love red meat, then Lamb Steak would surely be your favourite. I simply love it. Lamb meat has impressive nutrition and is perhaps the healthiest commonly available meat.
4. Jerk Chicken– This recipe is just like a regular BBQ recipe having a little change in its spices. This recipe results in a great texture and keeps the chicken filled with the juice that it carries.
If you are still having doubts about what to cook on a disposable BBQ, then do check out this guide from my dear friend- Ben.
What’s In The Post
Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 Chicken
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Barbeque Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Cup Barbeque Sauce
Take the chicken and cut a ½ inch deep cut in each chicken’s skin side. Make 2 cuts in the thigh, 2 cuts in each breast, one on the leg and remove wing tips.
In a big bowl, mix the rice vinegar, garlic and barbeque sauce together.
Now, put the chicken in the bowl and make sure it gets properly marinated. Cut down the marinated chicken and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it into the freezer for about 1 hour.
Preheat the grill at medium-high heat and grease the grate with oil.
Now, take out the chicken from the bowl, remove the marinade and dry up the chicken. Put the chicken on a plate, and season it with salt, paprika, pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powder.
At last, cook the chicken on the preheated grill for about 3-4 minutes. Afterwards, turn the chicken over and close the lid of the grill.
Cook the chicken with the remaining barbeque sauce for almost 6 minutes. Then, let it cook for 35 minutes more. Then, it is ready to be served.