Sushi, as the world knows, is a famous Japanese dish whose main ingredients include vinegar rice. Avocado sushi, as the name suggests, includes avocado which makes the dish even more incredible. Along with cucumber as an ingredient, it’s also called cucumber and avocado sushi.
My Japanese friend introduced me to sushi and subsequently, avocado sushi. She cooks delicious sushi and often invites me to her home for dinner. She does wonders with it by adding cucumber and avocado, making the dish perfect for a summer dinner.
To make avocado sushi, cook the rice in a pot with water and salt. Then, add vinegar to it and mix. After that, lay the nori sheets on a bamboo mat covered with plastic wrap. Layer the rice over the nori and add the cucumber and avocado to it. Roll the nori with the help of the bamboo mat. Then, slice the roll and serve.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Crunchy Sushi Rolls– Making Crunchy Sushi Rolls has never been easy but, now it is with this recipe. Crunchy Roll Sushi is a delicious variation of the popular California Roll. This crunchy roll features shrimp tempura filling and a crispy topping of toasted panko breadcrumbs.
2. Giblet Gravy– For those who don’t know what this Giblet Gravy is, let me tell you that the giblet consists of a chicken’s internal organs like its liver, heart, and other such organs.
3. Boston Sushi Rolls– Boston Rolls are filled with creamy avocado, poached shrimp, and crunchy cucumber, then rolled in nori seaweed sheet and sushi rice.
4. Kung Pao Chicken– Kung pao chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet, and spicy flavors.
What’s In The Post
Avocado Sushi Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Glutinous White Rice (Sushi Rice)
- 4 sheets Nori (Dry Seaweed)
- ½ Cucumber (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 Avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt
Take a saucepan. Put water and rice into it.
Let it boil. After covering it with a lid, let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. See if rice gets tender and water gets evaporated.
Take the saucepan off the heat. Now, add in vinegar and a pinch of salt. Stir it and allow it to cool.
Take the plastic wrap. Use it to cover the bamboo sushi mat. It would prevent the sticking of rice.
Next, arrange a seaweed sheet over the plastic used to cover the sushi mat.
Spread out the rice onto the seaweed sheet. It should be spread evenly and make sure to leave about 0.5 inches of sheet empty at its bottom.
Now, you have to place the cucumber strips and avocado on the sheet where the center of the spread-out rice lies.
Raise the bamboo sushi mat to roll over the vegetables. Press them down followed by unrolling and rolling again. This time roll them towards the end of the seaweed sheet which has been exposed.
This would make a long roll.
Now, leave this undisturbed at one side.
Continue the process with remaining nori sheets, rice, and filling.
Now, chop the rolls into 5-6 slices using a wet knife(should be sharp as well).