This Heat Broccoli Salad is stuffed with taste and ideal for serving as a major or facet dish. Savory, candy, and earthy, it tastes so good your loved ones gained’t find a way to withstand asking for seconds.
Should you love broccoli salads, then you need to do this Broccoli Salad With Bacon and Cheese and this Finest Broccoli Cranberry Salad.
I really like this recipe for Heat Broccoli Salad as a result of it’s so flavorful and satisfying. It makes a fantastic lunch or mild dinner and is really easy to make. You’ll be able to simply make it forward of time, too.
- TASTE: Savory and earthy, the combination of hen with mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower can’t be beat. The paprika offers a bit smoky taste to the dish.
- TEXTURE: This salad is stuffed with tender sauteed greens and juicy hen. It’s deliciousness in each chunk.
- TIME: It takes simply 35 minutes to make this salad.
- EASE: This recipe is a breeze to make. Made with primary kitchen staples, you’ll solely want one skillet to organize this dish.
What You’ll Want
- Broccoli- These should be lower into florets. You are able to do this your self or purchase them already ready within the grocery store.
- Cauliflower- Additionally lower into florets.
- Mushrooms- I like child bella mushrooms for this recipe due to their earthy taste and meaty texture.
- Bell pepper- I used purple bell pepper for its sweetness, however you should utilize any coloration you want.
- Hen- Boneless, skinless hen breast is most popular for its lack of fats and ease in chopping.
- Paprika- This spice is gentle, candy, and a bit smoky. It goes rather well with greens.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Add fruits- Add in some raisins, cranberries, or chopped apple for a sweeter taste on this Heat Broccoli Salad.
- Add nuts- Attempt it with some pecans, almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts.
- Make it with dressing- Toss some French dressing, lemon zest or lemon juice with purple wine vinegar, or an different dressing you want on this heat salad.
- Add cheese- Add some goat cheese, cheddar, or blue cheese to present it some creamy, tacky taste.
How you can Make Heat Broccoli Salad
- Prepare dinner the hen. Reduce the hen breast into small items. Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over excessive warmth and cook dinner the hen items till totally cooked. When carried out, put aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic. Sauté the garlic and sliced onion in the identical skillet over medium excessive warmth till the onion turns into translucent.
- Add the peppers. Add the chopped purple bell pepper items and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms. Reduce the mushrooms into quarters and saute within the skillet for 3 minutes.
- Add within the cauliflower and broccoli. Add the cauliflower florets and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the broccoli florets and sauté for an extra 5 minutes.
- Mix with the hen. Add the cooked hen again in, and season with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Toss simply to mix and serve.
Professional Tip: The broccoli and cauliflower ought to have some texture and never be mushy, so add them final of the greens.
- Reduce the hen into uniform pieces- To cook dinner these items evenly, lower them to the same dimension to keep away from underdone or overcooked hen in your salad.
- Prepare dinner the onion till translucent- Onion releases candy taste and aroma when it’s cooked by way of, so don’t rush cooking them.
- Don’t overcook the cauliflower and broccoli- Add these greens final as a result of they cook dinner rapidly and might simply get mushy. You don’t need them to be too mushy.
- Serve heat– You’ll be able to serve this dish heat or at room temperature for one of the best taste.
On this Heat Broccoli Salad, I used hen, which matches rather well with broccoli. Different proteins to attempt are beef, tofu, shrimp, and bacon.
This heat broccoli salad will final for about 4 days within the fridge. The greens will soften and launch water as they sit although, so drain the dish earlier than serving.
This Heat Broccoli Salad is flexible and scrumptious with so many different dishes. Take pleasure in this salad with some sushi, noodles, rice, and extra.
- Grains: Serve this salad over a plate of Wild Rice, Quinoa Fried Rice, or Hibachi Fried Rice.
- Potatoes: Take pleasure in it alongside some Crispy Air Fryer Child Potatoes, Tremendous Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes, or Air Fryer Baked Potatoes.
- Noodles: Serve this Heat Broccoli Salad with some Gluten-Free Stir Fry with Rice Noodles, Rice Noodle Salad, or Shrimp Tempura Udon Soup. You possibly can even have it with pasta, like this Garlicky Israeli Couscous or Simple Pasta Primavera.
- Sushi: Pair this salad with a Shrimp Tempura Roll, Salmon Pores and skin Roll, Dynamite Roll, or Volcano Roll.
Make This Recipe in Advance
Make forward: You’ll be able to cook dinner the hen and chop the greens a couple of day beforehand. Saute the veggies and add the hen once you’re able to serve.
Storing: Retailer this Heat Broccoli Salad in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop till warmed by way of.
Freeze: You’ll be able to freeze this salad, however the greens will thaw with a mushy consistency. Frozen it could possibly final about 3 months. Thaw in a single day and reheat earlier than serving.
Extra Tasty Salads!
Broccoli Cranberry Salad
Greek Hen Pasta Salad
Broccoli Salad With Bacon and Cheese
Roasted Eggplant Salad
Full Recipe Directions
Heat Broccoli Salad
Print Pin Charge
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. hen breast
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 purple bell peppers
- 16 oz child bella mushrooms
- 1 head of cauliflower lower into florets
- 1 head of broccoli lower into florets
- Salt & pepper to style
- 1 tsp paprika
Reduce the hen breast into small items. Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over excessive warmth. Prepare dinner the hen items till totally cooked.
Take away the cooked hen and put aside.
Sauté the garlic and sliced onion within the skillet over medium excessive warmth till the onion turns into translucent.
Add the chopped purple bell pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes.
Reduce the mushrooms into quarters and sauté within the skillet for 3 minutes.
Add the cauliflower florets and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the broccoli florets and sauté for an extra 5 minutes.
Lastly, add the cooked hen again in, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss simply to mix. Serve heat or at room temperature.