Gordon Ramsay blueberry and ricotta pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast or brunch. They are light, fluffy, and filled with a hint of citrus from the lemon zest. The blueberries add a lovely sweetness, and the ricotta makes them extra creamy.
Start by combining flour, baking powder, a pinch of sugar and salt, egg yolks, and milk to form the batter in a stand mixer. Fold in ricotta cheese and blueberries to reach soft peaks. Now spoon in the mix to the pan with the olive oil to make small pancakes until golden, light, and fluffy.
You can substitute lower-fat cottage cheese for ricotta in these pancakes. If you are not a blackberry fan, you can use any berries you like for this recipe.
In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for blueberry and ricotta pancakes. This dish is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors, and it’s sure to please everyone at your breakfast table.
What’s In The Post
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
- To make perfect Gordon Ramsay blueberry and ricotta pancakes, combine all the elements evenly.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour to add the egg yolk and mix it well.
- Use premium ricotta cheese and 100 grams of fresh blueberries to make the blueberry pancakes.
- Beat the egg whites separately until the soft peaks are formed.
- Cook the pancakes in a butter and oil mixture.
- You can also top the blueberry pancakes with Greek yogurt, honey, or maple syrup. The choice is yours!
What Is The Secret To Perfect These Gordon Ramsay Pancakes?
The secret to making perfect pancakes is to prepare the batter carefully. Do not overmix the batter, and combine egg yolk and whites separately. Apart from this, ensure you whisk the batter nicely until you see the soft peaks forming.
How Do You Make Gordon Ramsay Pancakes Fluffy?
Mix the egg yolk and whites separately to make Gordon Ramsay’s pancakes fluffy. Combine the egg yolks with the flour and add beaten egg whites. Add the egg whites only when they form soft peaks. It will help you to achieve the fluffy texture of blueberry and ricotta pancakes.
How Long Do You Wait To Flip The Pancakes?
It takes hardly 4 minutes for most pancakes to cook on either side. However, when you see the bubbles forming on the top, know that it is time to flip them. Pancakes shouldn’t stick when they are cooked on one side. So, you know the drill now!
Does Milk Make These Gordon Ramsay Pancakes Fluffier?
Yes, adding milk to the batter will help you to achieve fluffier and soft pancakes. Prepare the batter by combining milk with other elements and rich and fluffy pancakes will be ready in a snap.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
- Saucepan – Cook the pancakes in a saucepan until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown.
- Mixing Bowl – Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl until smooth and combined.
- Stand Mixer – Form a batter for the pancakes with a stand mixer until you reach soft peaks.
- Whisk – Whisk in the eggs and other ingredients in a bowl to add in to the batter to get fluffy and light pancakes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
- Ricotta Cheese – Add ricotta cheese to the ingredients for a creamy mild taste and a thick texture. Yes, you can use a different type of cheese, but ricotta will give the pancakes a lighter, fluffier texture.
- Blueberries – Blueberries will give a sweet taste with a juicy bite.
- All-purpose Flour – Add all-purpose flour to the ingredients to make the batter for the pancakes
- Sugar – Sugar will help bind the batter, making it softer, less rubbery, and less elastic. It will also aid in browning and give you those crispy edges.
- Baking Powder – Add baking powder to the batter for the bubbles in the batter and to make the cakes light and fluffy.
- Salt – A pinch of salt will enhance the flavor without making your pancakes taste salty.
- Eggs – Eggs will lend moisture and help bind the pancake batter together.
- Milk – Milk will add moisture and richness to the pancakes.
- Butter – Cook the pancakes in unsalted butter to add richness to the pancakes.
- Olive Oil – Cook the pancakes in olive oil until both sides are brown and crispy.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes
Step 1- Sift in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix until combined.
Step 2- Create a wet area in the center. Separate two eggs and add the yolks.
Step 3- Beat the yolks into the flour, pouring the milk gradually to form a smooth batter. Now fold in creamy ricotta cheese and half a cup of blueberries.
Step 4- With egg whites, whisk until they reach soft peaks.
Step 5- Heat a nonstick saucepan over low-medium heat, grease it with olive oil and a small amount of butter.
Step 6- Spoon the batter onto the pan.
Step 7- Fry until golden and set on the underside; gently flip and cook the other side until browned and cooked through.
Step 8- Serve with extra blueberries, greek yoghurt, and drizzle honey over the pancake.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes Look And Taste Like?
Gordan Ramsay’s blueberry and ricotta pancakes are light and fluffy, and the blueberries add a lovely sweetness to the dish. The ricotta provides a creamy richness that takes these pancakes to another level. The pancakes are light and fluffy, and the blueberry and ricotta filling is sweet and decadent.
What Can Be Served With Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
You have numerous topping and serving options to pair the blueberry pancakes. We have shared some of the best options in the bullet points below.
- Honey – Drizzle honey on the warm, fluffy, and moist blueberry pancakes. Adding honey will bring out sweet flavors.
- Greek Yogurt – Blueberry and ricotta pancakes team up with Greek yogurt to bring you an amazing brunch in an instant. A dollop of Greek yogurt on top of the pancakes will make them taste heavenly.
- Lemon Zest – Another variation you bring to top up the pancakes is a sprinkling of lemon or orange zest. The hint of zest is super rich and delicious when added to the pancakes.
- Maple Syrup – A maple syrup splash will add sweet and caramel-like flavors to the pancakes.
- Blueberry Syrup – Last but not least, the blueberry sauce will amp up the floral notes of the pancakes. Moreover, this sauce is thick, flavored, and perfect for topping pancakes.
How To Store Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes?
Let the leftover Gordon Ramsay’s blueberry and ricotta pancakes sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Make sure you store the pancakes in an airtight container. To relish, you can reheat the pancakes in the microwave or oven and drizzle your favorite toppings.
Can You Use Frozen Blueberries For Making Pancakes?
Frozen blueberries instead of fresh berries can be easily used for making chef delight’s blueberry and ricotta pancakes. Rinse the frozen berries in tap water or thaw overnight. On top of that, dry the blueberries with a kitchen towel before using them.
How Do You Keep Blueberry Pancakes From Sticking Together?
Dip the paper towel in any vegetable oil or canola oil and wipe the pan until it has a light grease of oil in it. Following this, you will add only the minimum oil required to cook the pancakes. Moreover, cook the pancakes over medium heat to avoid burning.
How To Reheat Ricotta Pancakes?
The toaster is the best way to reheat the pancakes. You can also reheat the pancakes in a single layer or a large baking pan. If you wish to reheat the frozen pancakes, make sure you let them sit for some time at room temperature.
Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
Sift in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix until combined.
Create a wet area in the center. Separate two eggs and add the yolks.
Beat the yolks into the flour, pouring the milk gradually to form a smooth batter. Now fold in creamy ricotta cheese and half a cup of blueberries.
With egg whites, whisk until they reach soft peaks.
Heat a nonstick saucepan over low-medium heat, grease it with olive oil and a small amount of butter.
Spoon the batter onto the pan.
Fry until golden and set on the underside; gently flip and cook the other side until browned and cooked through.
Serve with extra blueberries, greek yoghurt, and drizzle honey over the pancake.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kind of blueberries should I use?
Gordon Ramsay uses fresh blueberries in his recipe, but you can use frozen ones if they are all you have. Just be sure to thaw them out before you use them.
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of ricotta?
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese, but ricotta will give the pancakes a lighter, fluffier texture.
How do I make Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for blueberry and ricotta pancakes?
Add the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder to the bowl and whisk until combined. Combine the ricotta cheese, blueberries, eggs, and sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Now heat a pan and cook the pancake with a splash of olive oil and unsalted butter until brown on both sides.
What ingredients do I need for Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for blueberry and ricotta pancakes?
You’ll need some ricotta cheese, blueberries, eggs, flour, sugar, and butter to make these delicious fluffy pancakes.
Gordon Ramsay blueberry and ricotta pancakes are delicious and easy-to-make dishes. The steps are simple, and the pancakes are fluffy and perfect for a weekend breakfast. Remember to share your experience with us.