Up for boozy desserts on Christmas eve? Try this no-bake chocolate rum balls recipe. They are chocolatey, nutty, and flavorful bite-sized bites. Make this treat at your home by following the recipe below.
Making rum balls is so easy! Combine all the dry ingredients like crushed vanilla wafers, confectioner’s sugar, cocoa, and walnuts into the bowl. Mix in rum and corn syrup and combine well.
Make small balls out of the mixture and roll them in the sugar. Here you go! Easy-peasy, incredibly delicious balls are ready.
Here are some ideas for those who want to add some variations to their rum balls. You can roll your rum balls in shredded coconut or colorful sprinklers for a complete Christmas vibe.
Moreover, there are various rum flavor options that you can go for, like white rum, bourbon, or coconut rum. This will give you a new rum ball recipe every time.
Get ready to make delicious treats for your holidays. Find detailed recipe instructions below, along with the ingredients and equipment list.
What’s In The Post
What Are The Tips To Make Chocolate Rum Balls?
Here are all the tips that you need to make delicious chocolate rum balls for Christmas:
- Since these rum balls are all about the chocolate flavor, you’ll want to use the best quality chocolate you can find. Choosing a good dark rum is also key to getting that rich flavor you’re looking for.
- The key to getting the perfect texture is to chop the chocolate finely. This will give the balls a heavenly smooth texture. If you have a food processor, this job will be super easy.
- Be patient when rolling the balls. If the mixture is too greasy, the dough of rum balls will be too soft and fall apart easily.
- Add more cocoa powder or confectioners’ sugar until you reach the desired consistency. Then, use clean hands to roll them into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Once rolled, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up properly.
What Are The Flavor Variations For Chocolate Rum Balls?
There are many ways to change the flavor of rum balls. Here are a few ideas:
- Use extra dark chocolate in the recipe for a chocolate lover’s rum ball.
- Add a peppermint extract or espresso powder to the rum balls for a peppermint mocha flavor.
- Try using almond or orange zest instead of vanilla extract for a different twist.
- Roll the rum balls in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut for added flavor and texture.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chocolate Rum Balls?
- Bowl – Combine all the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Food Processor – Crush vanilla wafers into the food processor.
- Spatula – Use a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to combine the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chocolate Rum Balls?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chocolate Rum Balls?
- Cocoa Powder – Make chocolatey rum balls by adding cocoa powder.
- Rum – We’ll use dark rum for the intense rum balls.
- Corn Syrup – Here, we have used light corn syrup. It has a vanilla flavor and mild sweetness that adds a nice flavor to the balls.
- Confectioner’s Sugar – Roll the rum balls into confectioners’ sugar for a nice coating.
- Walnuts – Add chopped walnuts to add a nutty flavor.
- Vanilla Wafers – Ground vanilla wafers in a food processor to give a nice flakey texture to the balls.
Steps To Make Chocolate Rum Balls
1. Crush Wafers
Before we start with the recipe, we need to crush the vanilla wafers. Add them to the food processor and blitz until it turns into a dry powder without any big particles.
2. Combine Ingredients
Grab a large bowl and add vanilla wafers to the bowl. Then add other dry ingredients like cocoa powder, ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar, and chopped walnuts.
Pour in corn syrup and rum. Mix well to incorporate completely. Make sure you keep all portions of the mixture dry and mix until everything is dispersed. The ball mixture is ready.
3. Make Balls And Enjoy
Scoop up a bit of mixture and shape it into a 1-inch ball. Make around 48 rum balls from the mixture. Now roll the balls into the remaining confectioner’s sugar for coating.
Chocolate rum balls are ready. Store them in an airtight container for Christmas days.
How Will Chocolate Rum Balls Look And Taste Like?
Chocolate rum balls are a bit-sized dark brown homemade treat. They are chocolatey and give you an intense, strong rum taste in every bite. The walnuts inside give you a nutty flavor, while the cocoa brings you the ultimate joy of chocolate. What else do you need for Christmas?
Chocolate Rum Balls Recipe
To start, crush vanilla wafers into the food processor until it’s a dry powder.
In a bowl, combine crushed vanilla wafers, ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, and chopped walnuts.
Stir in rum and corn syrup. Combine the mixture well.
Shape into small rum balls.
Roll them into the remaining confectioner’s sugar.
Chocolate rum balls are ready.
Enjoy them in the Christmas holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are rum balls made of?
Rum balls are made of rum, chocolate, vanilla wafers crumb, chocolate chips, pecans salt, corn syrup, and vanilla extract.
What is the shelf life of rum balls?
The shelf life of rum balls is upto two weeks. Just store them in an airtight container and refrigerate them.
How many calories are in a chocolate rum ball?
One chocolate rum ball contains 113 calories.
What are rum balls, and how long will they last?
Rum balls are chocolate rum balls that can also be called cookies, candy, or a quick dessert treat. It’s a no-bake dessert and contains a healthy dose of rum. You can store them for upto 7 to 8 days in an airtight container.
What other rum flavors can you add to make chocolate rum balls
You can go for dark rum, coconut rum, white rum, vanilla rum, and bourbon for this recipe.
These chocolate rum balls are the perfect holiday treat! They’re easy to make, and they’re sure to please everyone at your holiday party.
You can make these delicious rum balls in no time with just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Get started on making your Christmas treats today.
The recipe card image source is kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com
The feature image source is delish.com