The flavor combination of apples and caramel is one of the best ones out there, for sure! Speaking of caramel and apples, how about turning this fall-friendly carnival snack into a boozy delight this holiday season? This recipe for caramel apple jello shots will surely get your holiday party going!
I believe there, indeed, are very few people that don’t like caramel and apples together. I mean, what is not to like? It’s the perfect balance of sweetness from the apple, along with the malty flavor of the caramel! The perfect thing that reminds me of fall!
Most of the time, we have to wait until fall to enjoy this overall flavor. But if you want to enjoy some caramel apple-flavored treats over Christmas, then these jello shots are worth a try! Firstly, they are fun and easy to make.
Moreover, they also bring the perfect nostalgia factor with them, along with the buzz you would get from the vodka! In this article, you will find a complete list of all the equipment, ingredients, and everything you need to make these jello shots easily, right at home. So, enjoy, and don’t let any kids near the jello!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots?
- Shot Glasses – Starting with one of the most vital pieces of equipment for this recipe, you will need 12 shot glasses.
- Bowl – A large mixing bowl will help mix the jello.
- Whisk – A whisk will be needed to mix up the jello with water and vodka.
- Saucepan – A medium-sized saucepan will be needed to boil water for the jello.
- Measuring Cups – These are needed to get the measurements and proportions of the jello right so that they are set properly and in time.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots?
|2 Hours 20 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots?
- Green Apple Jello – To get a yield of 12 shots, you will need a total of 3 oz. of green apple jello.
- Water – About a cup of water will be added to the jello mix.
- Green Apple Vodka – For this recipe, ¼ cup of your favorite green apple vodka will be needed, adding buzz to the jello shots.
- Salted Caramel Vodka – Salted Caramel vodka will be added to the caramel sauce to give it a strong flavor, about ¼ cup.
- Caramel Sauce – About ¼ cup of store-bought caramel sauce will work perfectly fine for this recipe.
- Ice – About five cubes of ice will be added to the jello to cool down quicker.
Steps To Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots
1. Prepare The Jello
Here, you can start by making the jello for this recipe. For that, boil the water in a medium saucepan. In a large bowl, add the green apple jello mix and add in the boiling water.
Mix it all, and then add the green apple vodka and ice cubes. Let it rest until the ice melts, then pour the mixture into the shot glasses until they are ¾ full and refrigerate for two hours till they set.
2. Top With Boozy Caramel Sauce
In a bowl, mix the caramel sauce and salted caramel vodka. Top the jello shots with the boozy caramel sauce and chill for a few minutes until you serve!
How Will The Caramel Apple Jello Shots Look And Taste Like?
These caramel apple jello shots will look a lot like how you would expect a green apple dipped in caramel to look, just in a shot glass instead! The bright green jello truly shines; anyone could take a look at the shot and tell what the flavor is! Moreover, the caramel sauce adds a great layer to the shot.
The flavor of these jello shots is much like caramel apples! The flavors of the jello, combined with the caramel sauce and both flavored vodkas, work really well together. The vodka brings in a buzz later, making these shots even more delicious!
Caramel Apple Jello Shots Recipe
Boil water in a saucepan.
In a large bowl, add the green apple jello mix and add in the boiling water.
Mix until everything is combined, then add ice cubes and green apple vodka.
Once the ice cubes melt, transfer the mixture to the shot glasses until ¾ full.
Refrigerate for two hours until they are completely set.
In a bowl, mix the caramel sauce and salted caramel vodka.
Top the set jello with the caramel sauce and then chill and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it necessary to add vodka to the jello and the caramel sauce?
The vodka does add a lot of flavor to the jello shots, but if you would like to skip it, skip only one out of the two.
Do the shots need to be refrigerated after adding the caramel sauce?
It isn’t necessary, but you can refrigerate them for a while before serving them if you like.
Can homemade caramel sauce be used for this recipe?
Yes, you can use homemade caramel sauce for these jello shots if you would like.
Can these jello shots be made in advance and stored?
Yes, caramel apple jello shots can be made two days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
These caramel apple jello shots are the perfect fall treat to enjoy this holiday season! The green apple and caramel flavors shine, making these shots exceptionally delicious! The recipe is also really quick, and these shots will bring much life to your party!