Paula Deen potato salad is an easy and delicious recipe. Paula Deen lists ingredients you probably already have in the pantry. It’s a great option for summer cookouts, potlucks, or any time you want to bring along something tasty!
To make Paula Deen potato salad, combine the peeled and cooked potatoes, chopped red onion, green bell pepper, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Toss well to combine after seasoning it with salt, black pepper, red wine vinegar, mustard, and celery. You can enjoy it right away or refrigerate it for later.
You can also add Worcestershire sauce or red chili paste for a spicy and warm flavor. For a sour-tasting salad, both creme fraiche and sour cream work well, and you can flavor it with some herbs and seasonings of your choice.
This guide will help walk through every step of Paula Deen potato salad recipe so your guests will be delighted by lunchtime rolls around tomorrow morning. You can also follow the link to see other Paul Deen recipes.
What’s In The Post
Other Paula Deen Recipes That You Can Try
- Paula Deen Pecan Pie
- Paula Deen Deviled Eggs
- Paula Deen Spinach And Bacon Quiche
- Paul Deen Fried Chicken
- Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars
- Paula Deen Pineapple Casserole
- Paula Deen Grape Salad
- Paula Deen Cornbread Dressing
- Paula Deen Cheesecake Meatloaf
- Paula Deen Pasta Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Potato Salad?
- Pot – Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes in a pool of salty water so the flavor of the potatoes comes out.
- Mixing Bowls – Combine mayonnaise and dijon mustard in a bowl until well-mixed. Also, mix all the chopped veggies in a bowl to prepare the salad.
- Knife – Chop red potatoes, red onion, green bell pepper, and celery with a sharp knife into bite-size pieces.
- Peeler – Peel the boiled potato with the help of a peeler and push a fork through the center to check if they are done.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the veggies before chopping them to avoid mess.
- Spatula – Toss the creamy dressing with the cooked potatoes using a flat, surfaced spatula until well coated.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Potato Salad?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Potato Salad?
- Potatoes – Small and waxy potatoes are best for potato salad. Small red potatoes are perfect as they are quick-cooking.
- Red Onion – We want the most tender onions available. If you’re using red onion powder instead of diced onions, ensure it’s finely ground, so it blends easily with other ingredients.
- Green Bell Pepper – Green bell peppers have a slightly bitter, grassy flavor to the taste.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise. It can be homemade or store-bought; remember that it is an essential ingredient as the main flavor of the salad comes from it. So be sure to use mayo which has a good taste and flavor.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil is the best choice for dressings as it introduces a strong peppery flavor to the mix.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Red wine vinegar will add a tangy flavor and protect the potatoes from drying out.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard will add a slightly pungent and sharp taste to the salad.
- Salt – Season potato salad with salt as it will bring out the flavors of foods like potatoes
- Pepper – Sprinkle potato salad with pepper to add a bit of a kick.
- Celery – Celery is a good addition to potato salad, as it adds flavor and color to the dish.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Potato salad
1. Slice Them Up
Start by chopping the veggies into chunks. I used green bell pepper, red onion, and red potato. You can also add any vegetable that is in season and available to you. Some good options include cucumber, pickles, parsley, and dill.
2. Cook The Potatoes
Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, then add salt to taste. Adding a generous amount of salt to the cooking water is essential. By salting the water, the flavor of the potatoes comes out.
Once potatoes are cooked, push a fork through the center, drain them and add them to normal water for 2 to 3 minutes until they are cool enough to handle.
3. Prepare The Creamy Dressing
Add chopped green bell pepper, red onion, and celery in a bowl to add some extra flavor. Combine mayonnaise and dijon mustard in a bowl until well mixed. Now season with salt and black pepper.
Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and combine well. Now, it’s time to bring everything together. Mix the mayo, mustard, and veggie mixture with the cooked potatoes until they are well coated.
Cover the salad and refrigerate it for about 2 hours. Now add your choices of seasoning, such as paprika for color, vinegar for a crunchy bite, and mustard for a tangy flavor.
How Will Paula Deen Potato Salad Look And Taste Like?
Paula Deen’s potato salad recipe offers a mildly sweet and tangy salad with a silken mayonnaise dressing. The smoothness of the perfectly boiled potatoes is complemented by the crunchiness of the onions and celery.
Paula Deen Potato Salad Recipe
Start by chopping green bell pepper, red onion, and red potato.
Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes, then add salt to taste.
Once potatoes are cooked, push a fork through the center, drain them, and add them to normal water for 2 to 3 minutes until they are cool enough to handle.
Add chopped green bell pepper, red onion, and celery in a bowl to add some extra flavor.
Combine mayonnaise and dijon mustard in a bowl until well-mixed.
Now season with salt and black pepper. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and combine well.
Mix the mayo, mustard, and veggie mixture with the cooked potatoes until they are well coated.
Cover the salad and refrigerate it for about 2 hours. Add your choice of seasonings, such as paprika, vinegar, and mustard.
I hope you’re ready to make your very own potato salad. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover potatoes from Easter or any other occasion where we want some extra vegetables in our meal.
If you want to be sure that everyone will love this salad, try adding some bacon at the end so that it gets crispy on top while cooking and then falls apart when it hits the hot grill!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make a dairy-free or vegan version of potato salad?
Of course! This recipe is already dairy-free. However, buy a vegan mayonnaise and then omit the hard-boiled eggs to make it vegan.
What kind of potatoes are best for potato salad?
Don’t use extra starchy russet potatoes, as they are great for baking and frying. For potato salad, use waxy potatoes, such as red potatoes, as they hold their shape better when cooking and usually have creamier interiors.
Can you freeze this potato salad?
I recommend not freezing this salad as the thawing process will change the texture, and the dressing will not be as creamy.