Want to give a twist to a classic Moscow mule? Try this delicious Mexican mule cocktail, a perfect blend of sweet, citrusy, spicy, and fizzy flavors. Mexican mule has all the warm flavors of your classic Moscow mule with a minty sweet flavor.
Mexican mule is a bold and crisp version of a cocktail. The indulgence of tequila gives a strong and bold flavor to this cocktail. It is super easy to make and can be prepared in just 5 minutes.
It is an excellent balance of warm and sweet flavors. With few ingredients, you can prepare this drink to serve your guest or enjoy it at weekends and during the festive season.
To make this cocktail, just combine all the ingredients and add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker. Pour it into the copper mug.
In this article, I have mentioned all the details regarding the equipment and ingredients as well as the steps needed to be followed. So let us move ahead with the drink without any delay.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make A Mexican Mule?
- Cocktail Shaker – You will need a cocktail shaker to mix the drink ingredients.
- Measuring Jigger – To measure the right quantities of ingredients, use a measuring jigger.
- Bottle Opener – Use a bottle opener to unlock the bottle lid.
- Copper Mug – A copper mug will be required to serve the cocktail.
- Knife – A knife will help you slice a lime.
- Paper Straw – Use a paper straw to enjoy this cocktail.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make A Mexican Mule?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||0 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make A Mexican Mule?
Here are the key ingredients you will need to prepare a Mexican mule cocktail.
- Tequila – The main ingredient of this cocktail is tequila. You can use any flavor of tequila. There are different qualities and flavors of tequilas, such as añejo tequila, reposado, or silver tequila. It totally depends on your choice and preferences.
- Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the citrusy flavor notes in this shot recipe. Freshly squeezed will definitely enhance the flavors.
- Ginger Beer – Ginger beer is another important input of this recipe. You can use non-alcoholic ginger beer, which is easy to find in most liquor and grocery stores. You can also make ginger beer at home.
- Ice Cubes – For maintaining the cool effect of the drink, add ice cubes as per your choice.
- Orange Liqueur – It is totally an optional choice, and you can omit this if you want.
- Agave – This is not a part of the traditional recipe of Mexican mule. You can skip it if you prefer a less sweet cocktail.
- Mint Leaves – Use mint leaves to garnish the rim of the glass and for a minty and refreshing flavor.
- Lime Wedge – Use a lime wedge to garnish the drink.
What Are The Tips For Making Mexican Mule?
- If you are a lover of spicy drinks, then twist this Mexican mule with jalapeno. For a classic and spicy version of this, make homemade jalapeno-infused vodka. You can also combine agave nectar with jalapeno slices.
- If you are looking for a non-alcoholic version of this drink, make a mocktail version. Substitute tequila with soda, or you can also use sparkling water and leave out orange liqueur altogether. Make sure you use non-alcoholic ginger beer.
- If you skip the orange liqueur, add an extra ½ oz of tequila.
Steps To Make A Mexican Mule
Follow these steps to make refreshing Mexican mule.
1. Gather Ingredients
To make a Mexican mule, gather all the ingredients. We’ll need tequila, lime juice, ginger beer, orange liqueur, agave, and ice cubes.
2. Prepare The Drink
After gathering all the ingredients, start by filling a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in 1 ½ oz tequila, ½ oz orange liqueur, ½ oz lime juice, and ½ oz agave. Shake all the ingredients vigorously for 15 seconds.
Pour the whole blend into the copper mug and add crushed ice. Top the drink with 4 oz. or more ginger beer. To add an extra spicy flavor you can also add a slice of jalapeno pepper.
3. Serve It With Style
Garnish the glass rim with a fresh lime wedge and a sprig of mint. Serve it with a paper straw.
|Dietary Fiber||0.1 g|
How Will Mexican Mule Look And Taste?
Mexican mule is a perfect blend of tequila and ginger beer. This is a refreshing and colorful drink.
Mexican mule is an apt choice for summer days and an ideal option for the festive season. This drink is a perfect example of a citrusy, gingery, not-too-sweet drink.
Mexican Mule Recipe
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Pour in 1 ½ oz tequila, ½ oz orange liqueur, ½ oz lime juice, and ½ oz agave.
Shake all the ingredients vigorously for 15 seconds.
Pour the whole blend into the copper mug and add crushed ice.
Top the drink with 4 oz. or more ginger beer.
Garnish the glass rim with a lime wedge and mint leaves.
You can also use jalapenos to add an extra spicy flavor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Mexican mules made of?
Mexican mules are made from a few ingredients, such as tequila, ginger beer, and lime juice. Add ice cubes, and garnish with lime.
Should we add ice to the Mexican mule?
You can surely add ice to Mexican mule. This cocktail will definitely taste best ice cold.
Can you make a tequila mule ahead of time?
If you are making a tequila mule for a party, you can make the base of tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice & agave and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. Add the ginger beer just before serving.
What is the other name of a Mexican mule?
Mexican mule is popularly known as tequila mule.
Why is Mexican mule served in copper glasses?
Copper glasses or mugs help to retain the drink cool for a longer period.
If you are looking for something to serve your guests or enjoy yourself at the weekend, then tequila mule is the easiest and most delicious way.
You can easily blend this drink in your own way. You can add distinct flavors to the drink to add other flavors.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this super easy-to-make recipe this holiday season. If you like this article and want to know about more recipes, do check the other recipes on our website.
Image Credits – foodieandwine and vinepair