With Christmas coming up soon, we all need some comforting holiday treats and boozy treats for the adults! One of my favorite ingredients to work with is something that screams holidays and is surely cranberries! So, how about converting a simple jello into a boozy shot? Let’s take a look at this recipe!
If you remember this particular episode from the TV show ‘FRIENDS’, Chandler Bing had a bit too many Jello shots. Well, it eventually got him in trouble, but I am sure that won’t happen with you as long as you enjoy them in moderation!
Moreover, the best part here is if you would rather avoid adding vodka to this recipe, you can do that! Yes, this recipe is simple and versatile, leaving much room for improvement!
So, even if your kids would like to enjoy one of these, they very well can! Just as long as you don’t add in the vodka! This recipe is quick and easy; honestly, the only kitchen skill you would probably need is making Jello!
In this article, you will find a guide on making these boozy cranberry jello shots at home. Everything is mentioned here, starting with the equipment needed until the nutritional information, everything is mentioned here! Now, let’s get going!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cranberry Jello Shots?
- Measuring Cups – To get the measurements of the water and everything right, a set of measuring cups will be a handy tool.
- Saucepan – Two saucepans will be needed to get this recipe together, one for making the sugar syrup to coat the cranberries and the other for the Jello.
- Whisk – A whisk will be needed to mix the Jello.
- Slotted Spoon – A slotted spoon will help transfer the cranberries from the sugar syrup while removing the excess.
- Ziploc Bag – A Ziploc bag will help easily coat the cranberries with sugar.
- Baking Tray – A baking tray is to get the cranberries out before resting them in the refrigerator.
- Shot Glasses – You will need a total of 18 shot glasses, which can be plastic ones or even glass ones if you would like!
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cranberry Jello Shots?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||3 Hours 30 Minutes||4 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cranberry Jello Shots?
- Cranberries – A cup of fresh cranberries will be needed for the sugar-coated cranberries with which we will be topping the shots. Try to use something other than frozen cranberries, as they get mushy.
- Sugar – In total, 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar or caster sugar will be needed for this recipe. Divide the sugar into two halves, where ½ cup is for the syrup and 1 cup to coat the cranberries.
- Water – Initially, ½ cup of water will be needed to make the syrup. Then, 2 cups while making the Jello and an additional cup of cold water will be added later. So, a total of 3.5 cups.
- Jello – Here, you will need two packets or four oz. of cranberry-flavored Jello.
- Vodka – Lastly, to give these shots some life, we will be adding in ¾ cup of any vodka.
Steps To Make Cranberry Jello Shots
1. Prepare The Cranberries
Start by adding ½ cup of water and ½ cup of sugar to a saucepan, then bring them to a boil. Once done, take it off the heat and let this syrup cool down for 20 minutes. After that, add the cranberries to the syrup until they are all coated.
Then, with a slotted spoon, take the cranberries out of the syrup while ensuring all the excess falls off. Add the cranberries to a zip-lock bag, along with 1 cup of sugar. Then, mix the cranberries until they are completely coated with the sugar.
Take them out of the bag and lay them on a baking tray. Now, refrigerate for a few hours. Until then, we can start with the next process.
2. Make The Jello And Assemble
The next thing that you have to do is to prepare the Jello. For that, add two cups of water and the jello mix to a saucepan and bring them to a boil. Then, take them off the flame and add a cup of cold water and vodka.
Pour the Jello out into the shot glasses and place them in the refrigerator to set for two hours. Once the Jello has set completely, top them off with the sugar-coated cranberries and enjoy!
How Will The Cranberry Jello Shots Look And Taste Like?
These cranberry jello shots will look just like any other jello shot. The red Jello topped with those sugar-coated cranberries does add a lot to the appeal. Above that, the real surprise comes in a while, tasting these shots. The cranberry jello and vodka flavors work well together, also complemented by the sugar-covered cranberries on top!
Cranberry Jello Shots Recipe
Add ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water to a saucepan, and bring them to a boil.
Let it cool for 20 minutes, then add the cranberries and coat completely.
With a slotted spoon, take the cranberries out while removing any excess syrup and place them in a Ziploc bag.
Add 1 cup of sugar to the bag and mix the cranberries properly, then take them out on a tray and keep them in the refrigerator until further use.
In a different saucepan, mix the Jello with 2 cups of water and boil.
Take off the heat and add a cup of cold water and vodka.
Add the jello mix into the shot glasses and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Once the Jello has set, top with the sugar-coated cranberries and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it necessary to add the sugar-coated cranberries on top?
They will surely add a lot to the flavor, but you can skip them if you would like.
Is it necessary to add vodka to this recipe?
You can make these without added vodka if you would like.
Can this recipe be made with a different flavored jello?
Yes, this recipe can also be made with a different flavored jello.
Can these shots be made in advance?
Yes, jello shots can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Can white rum be used instead of vodka for this recipe?
Yes, you can use white rum instead of vodka for this recipe.
These boozy Jello shots are for sure going to get your party going! Paired perfectly with all the holiday flavors, the cranberries and the vodka truly stand out in this recipe. They create a great balance of sweet and boozy flavors, all at the same time! Probably the best holiday treats for all responsible adults!