Quesadilla salvadorena is one of the best dessert cake, unlike its namesake Mexican snack. The word queso in quesadilla traditionally stood for unsalted Salvadoran queso fresco which is farmers-type cheese, now substituted for Parmesan cheese.
Quesadilla salvadorena is moist, sweet and a treat to you. Found in bakeries, it can be made at home with much ease and rather quickly. It is yummy and delicious and easy to make.
To make quesadilla salvadorena, prepare the batter with flour, butter, cheese, and egg yolk. Add the spices and egg whites in the end.
Scoop the batter on the baking dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degree until brown on the top.
To make quesadilla salvadorena more heartier, you can add shredded chicken or ground beef to the batter. It will add protein and makes the quesadilla more filling.
If you want to get really creative, you can even add fruit to the filling. A popular combination is to add bananas and chocolate chips. This gives the quesadilla a sweet and savory flavor that is really unique.
In this article, I will be telling you how to make quesadilla salvadorena at home. This cheese pound cake won’t take much time to make. So, let’s check out the quesadilla salvadorena Recipe.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Quesadilla Salvadorena?
- Oven – Bake the batter in the preheated oven until it has browned on top and doesn’t stick with a toothpick.
- Baking Dish – Scoop the batter into the baking dish for baking.
- Mixing Bowls – Prepare the batter for the dessert in mixing bowls.
- Spatula – Fold the batter with rice flour and egg whites using a spatula.
- Grater – Finely grate parmesan cheese with a grater for the batter.
- Wire Rack – Put the baked cake on the wire rack and allow it to cool before serving.
- Toothpick – Use a toothpick to ensure the cake is baked well.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Quesadilla Salvadorena?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||38 Minutes||58 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Quesadilla Salvadorena?
- Egg Whites – Egg whites is incorporated into the batter to make it rise. Make sure to fold it in the end, otherwise it will make the cake dry.
- Egg Yolks – Fold egg yolk in the batter top add a richness and a deeper yellow flavor to the cake.
- Butter – Melt the butter in the oven to help raise your cake rise, giving a light and tender texture to the crust.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese will add a kick of a hard and gritty texture giving fruity and nutty to the cake.
- Sour Cream – Add sour cream in the batter for a tangy and tart taste backed by a rich and thick creaminess of the cake.
- Rice Flour – White rice flour will give the cake most delicate taste with light and fluffy texture.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder will cause bubbles in the wet mixture to expand and thus leavening the mixture.
- White Sugar – White sugar will not only make your cake sweet but also will help raise your cake correctly.
- Sesame Seeds – Top your unbaked cake with sesame seeds to add a mild, sweet, and nutty flavor with a satisfying crunch when eaten whole.
Steps To Make Quesadilla Salvadorena
1. Making It Batter
Start by melting butter in the oven. Grate the cheese and keep it aside.
Take a small bowl and mix egg whites in it until they get firm. While, in a large bowl, mix softened butter and sugar until it gets creamy.
In the same bowl, add egg yolks and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir in sour cream and baking powder. Combine until they get tender.
Once combines, sift rice flour over this prepared batter. Use a spatula for folding it and the egg whites.
2. Baking It Batter
Now, take a baking dish and scoop out batter into it. Season the top with sesame seeds.
In the preheated oven at 350 degrees F, let it bake for about 38 to 40 minutes. Ensure it has browned on top and doesn’t stick with a toothpick.
|Dietary Fiber||0.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.7 g|
|Vitamin A||427.3 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
How Will Quesadilla Salvadorena Look And Taste Like?
Quesadilla salvadorena is a rich and delightful cheese filled bread or pound cake which is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee! It is a moist, sweet cheese and gluten-free pound cake. Additionally, it is light and delicate.
It is traditional recipe from El Salvador, which is made with the freshest cheese. Baked using cage-free eggs, sesame seeds, and no added preservatives. It’s airy and light, white in color, and hard as a brick.
Best enjoyed warm, use microwave for fresh out-of-the-oven feels.
Quesadilla Salvadorena Recipe
Take a bowl and mix egg whites in it until they get firm.
Now take a large bowl and mix butter and sugar until it gets creamy.
Mix egg yolks and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Stir in sour cream and baking powder and combine them until they get tender.
Sift rice flour over this prepared batter. Use a spatula for folding it and the egg whites.
Take a baking dish and scoop out batter into it.
Season the top with sesame seeds.
In the preheated oven at 350 degrees F, let it bake for about 38 to 40 minutes.
Ensure it has browned on top and doesn’t stick with a toothpick.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are quesadillas from El Salvador?
Salvadoran quesadillas are one of the best-known and most popular desserts and breakfast cakes in El Salvador. Foreigners love it and often take it back home with them to share with friends and family.
Is Parmesan cheese good for quesadilla?
If you’re in the mood for a savory and cheesy snack, then you might be wondering if a quesadilla tastes good with parmesan. The answer is yes! The sharpness of the parmesan pairs perfectly with the gooeyness of the cheese and the tortilla, making for a delicious and satisfying treat.
What are Salvadoran quesadillas made of?
Quesadilla salvadoreña is a pan dulce, similar to a pound cake, made with rice flour and queso duro blanco and topped with sesame seeds, that is popular in El Salvador. It is commonly served with coffee as part of breakfast or as a snack.
How many calories in a Salvadoran quesadilla?
Bread Salvadoran Sweet Cheese (quesadilla Salvadorena) (1 serving (approximate serving size)) contains 26.3g total carbs, 25.9g net carbs, 9.4g fat, 3.9g protein, and 206 calories.
So, this was all about the recipe of quesadilla salvadorena. It is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a hearty meal, this dish is sure to satisfy.
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to share your experience with us. And if you have any suggestions, feel free to share with us in the comment section. Till then, happy eating!